Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spotlight: Kids of Summer

It seems that the hot summer days have brought the kiddies out in full force. Lately, it seems that over half of my appointments have been children. I love doing photos of children because there is so much mystery, creativity, and honesty in the photos. Children are so pure and I do my very best to capture their true spirit and according to "mom" and "dad" it usually works!

When it comes to small children, it isn't a delicate art to get a good picture from them. I simply allow them some space and time to familiarize themselves with me and the studio. Once, they are comfortable, I don't direct them so much as allow them freedom to roam and explore. My kid pictures are about 70% candid & 30% posed.

If there is one thing I believe in, it is that children do not need much direction on how to be adorable: they naturally are! Just watch and in their most innocent of moments, will be the glimpse of pure perfection.

Here are some kiddies I played with last week:

"Blake"


"Brady"

"Riley"

"Emily"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say...those pictures of Brady and Blake are awesome..!! and ohhh so cute..!!!