Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A quick escape.

Me and Nick are heading out to my dad's cabin at a private lake called Lake Lewman. Lake Lewman was man made and oddly enough both my and Nick's grandfathers had connections to its creation. It is about a 25 minute drive and to be so close, you can't imagine how far from the world you feel. My family has always had a cabin there and this current cabin is dad's 3rd, not counting the one he grew up with. I grew up on this lake as my son is and it feels good to create memories with him at Lake Lewman. Its an incredible lake with only about 40 cabins around it and at any given time probably only 5 or so cabins are inhabited. So, its VERY VERY peaceful. I've not had the opportunity to visit this year, so I am terribly excited as I wrap up a few last minute details for our spontaneous getaway.

I'll be taking my new 40D to catch some shots of this wonderful place and I hope to share those photos with you here in my blog upon our return. Hmmm, this might be a good location for our wedding one of these days. I'll have to keep that in mind :)

See ya in a few days!

No comments: